Article marketing is the best sales lead generation technique on the Web today. Unfortunately, many marketers writing articles on the Web fall short in their sales lead generation efforts. They simply can't get people to visit their websites.
This is a critical fallacy that will render your article marketing campaign worthless. You must get people to visit your website and join your mailing list. If you don't, you are wasting your time, money and energy.
Sure, it is great to write articles displaying you as the expert in your field. And, yes, it is nice to post articles that help the world in general. But if your goal is to use article marketing as a sales lead generation technique that builds your email list, you might be falling short if your articles don't have a call to action that grabs readers by the throat and pulls them to your website.
Include an Irresistible Offer in Your Article
How do you maximize lead generation from your articles? You must have an irresistible offer so people will come to your website and identify themselves. Once you capture your prospects' names and email addresses, you will be able to create a sales-winning relationship. If you don't do this critical step in lead generation, you'll never have another chance to sell to these people.
Enticements to Use in Your Article Marketing Campaigns
Here are four irresistible products or services to help prospects make the critical decision to visit your website and give you their email addresses for lead generation success:
- Special reports. Don't confuse special reports with newsletters. These are 3-5 page reports on a special topic. They should include your own insights that prove you are the expert.
- Quizzes. People love to take quizzes. Create quizzes that have 10 yes or no answers. Design questions so people will see their pain. This sets you up as the expert who has products and services that can help them.
- Free 15-minute consulting sessions. When offering free consulting services, be careful of tire kickers who want free advice and won't ever buy. Here are three easy steps to conducting lead generation consulting sessions properly:
- Get the person to clearly state the problem.
- Show how your background can help the person. However, don't give away your best thinking at this point. Think of this as a get-to-know-you session, not a high level exchange of ideas.
- Ask for the order to get them to buy your books or consulting services.
- Offer free chapters in your book or free sneak previews to your information products including software, DVDs, CDs and MP3s. This tactic will overcome your prospects' fears of the unknown. People will get hooked and buy your products.
Article Marketing Lead Generation Success
The most important part of writing articles for lead generation is getting people to visit your website. If you offer these tactics, you will build your list and get more names for your sales funnel.