There are a million reasons to want to work from home. Maybe you have just had a baby and are reluctant to leave your new responsibilities. Perhaps you have been a victim of the recession and are done riding the unreliable roller coaster of employer-based work. Or maybe you are just sick and tired of the nine-to-five grind and ready to do something you really love on your own terms. Whatever the reasons prompting your work-from-home daydreams, follow this three-step plan to help you figure out what type of work you can do from home.
Step 1: Figuring Out If Working From Home Is Right For You
Check out these resources to help you figure out whether or not you are just having a bad day at the office, or if you truly are ready to quit climbing the corporate ladder in favor of the home office:
- Traits You Need to Be Self-Employed
- 10 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting a Home Business
- Crucial Things To Consider Before Starting a Home Business
- Is Your Business Idea Even a Good One?
Step 2: Brainstorming Your Own Ideas
Second, you need to spark some personally relevant ideas on what you could to make money out of your home. Here are a couple of articles bound to get your creative juices flowing:
Step 3: Over 35 Suggested Home Business Ideas
Finally, if you aren't doing so well figuring out business ideas or telecommuting ideas on your own, it is time to visit the extensive profile of potential home business ideas on the site. Check out this comprehensive list of over 75 home business ideas or review some of these home business idea categories, which are definitely worth considering:
- 5 Recession-Proof Business Ideas
- 10 Home Business Ideas From Stay-at-Home Moms
- 8 Jobs For Those Who Like To Work Outdoors
- 5 Hobbies You Can Turn Into a Home Business
- 8 Online Business Ideas
- A Free Online Home Business
- How to Become a Freelancer
- Telecommuting Guide (For those interested in staying employed, but working from home)
- How To Convince Your Current Boss To Let You Work From Home
Whether you are dreaming about the day when you can work from home or you have given yourself a strict deadline on when it will happen, home business ownership is definitely possible. It can also be very satisfying if done for the the right reasons.
Once you are settled on a business idea and convinced you are ready to take the plunge, visit the comprehensive guide, How To Start a Home Business in 10-Steps.