You may be swishing around they idea of starting a home business, but aren’t exactly sure what you could or even should do. If you like the idea of using an already proven model to start with, a franchise might be the perfect route for you. Thankfully, Entrepreneur has done the bulk of the research work for all of us and recently published their top 2011 home-based franchise results from their 32nd annual Franchise 500® report.
The criteria used in determining their top picks include: financial strength and stability, growth rate and size, the number of years in operation and franchising, start-up costs, litigation, percentage of terminations and whether the company offers financing options.
Within the top 10 franchises, 60% are commercial cleaning companies.
- Vanguard Cleaning Systems: It’s franchisees serve approximately 1,000 commercial cleaning accounts. Start-up costs: $8,200 - $38,100.
- Servpro: Servpro specializes in disaster restoration for both commercial and residential customers whose property suffered fire or water damage. Start-up costs: $127,300 - $174,700.
- Jan-Pro Franchising Int’l. Inc.: Jan-Pro offers commercial cleaning services to businesses like car dealerships, gyms, banks, churches, schools and offices. Jan-Pro differentiates itself by using “greener” cleaning products. Start-up costs: $3,145 - $50,405.
- Jazzercise Inc.: Jazzercise offers franchisees training and certification in its unique total-body conditioning aerobic-dance program. Start-up costs: $2,980 - $75,500.
- Matco Tools: Matco Tools manufacturers and distributes over 13,000 different tools, toolboxes and automotive equipment. Franchisees deliver these products to various customers via truck. Start-up costs: $79,926 - $188,556.
- Stratus Building Solutions: Franchisees offer environmentally friendly cleaning services to office buildings, retails properties, medical facilities and schools. Start-up costs: $3,450 - $57,750.
- Snap-on Tools: Snap-on Tools manufacturers over 19,000 various tool products. Franchisees take their “mobile stores” via a truck filled with the Snap-on Tools’ products directly to their customers, who include car dealerships, mechanics, marinas and airports. Start-up costs: $17,906 - $278,492.
- CleanNet USA Inc.: Offer professional cleaning services via a uniformed staff to various commercial, retail and industrial facilities. Start-up costs: $6,655 – $92,950.
- Bonus Building Care: Offer commercial cleaning services to various businesses. Founder was part of the Jani-King commercial cleaning business. Start-up costs: $9,020 - $41,919.
- System4: National provider of commercial cleaning services to various size businesses. Start-up costs: $5,460 - $37,750.
For the entire list visit: http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/homebased/index.html