When you are starting a small or home business, understanding small business marketing concepts, like getting a handle on the potential market for what you small business will have to offer and the value proposition of your small business is very important. Here are a few things to consider:
- Who is going to buy your product or service?
- Will you market to businesses, to consumers, or to both?
- What traits do you think your "typical" customer or client will have?
- Is the need for your product or service not currently being met or is it already saturated?
- Is there something about what you have to offer that will allow you to beat your competitors?
- How will you differentiate yourself from your competition?
- What is your value proposition? What is your competitive advantage?