Get Your Home Business Up and Running!
From Mindy Lilyquist, former About.com Guide
- Things To Consider Before Starting
- Getting Ideas for Your Business
- Starting an Online Home Business
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Planning for Success
- Creating Your Business Identity
- Getting Advice and Training
- Managing Your Money and Taxes
Things To Consider Before Starting
Working from home can be a wonderful solution for those individuals who need to earn an income and be closer to their family. It can also provide enormous income and autonomy benefits, however, there are many things to consider before jumping into a home business. Take a moment to review these articles before taking the plunge into self-employment.
- Crucial Things To Consider Before Starting a Home Business
- 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Starting
- 6 Essential Chracter Traits of an Entrepreneur
Getting Ideas for Your Business
Information on real life home-based businesses can be very helpful for getting ideas when you want to start a home business of your own. While showcasing these home businesses is not intended as an endorsement of the likelihood or success for any business venture, they can serve to stimulate your thinking about the type of home business you might want to start.
- 75+ Home Business Ideas
- Help! I Want To Work From Home But Don't Know What To Do
- Exercise: How To Select a Home Business Idea
- 9 Top Part-Time Home Businesses
- 8 Outdoor or Seasonal Home Businesses
- 7 Home Based Home Improvement Businesses
- 5 Top Hobbies You Can Make a Home Business
- 5 Home Business Ideas for Making Money in a Recession
- 10 Home Business Ideas for Moms
- 5 Computer Related Home-Based Business Ideas
- 7 Personal Services Home Business Ideas
- Freelancing as a Home Business
- Virtual Assistant (VA) Home Business
- Google Home Business
- Medical Billing Business
Starting an Online Home Business
Many people want to take advantage of the Internet as a means to start and run a complete, profitable home business. The Internet makes it possible to earn money 24/7. However, not all online businesses are cash cows and this type of business is especially full of scams designed to take your money. While there's more work involved than you might think, it's still possible to make money with an Internet home business, and these topics will help you accomplish just that.
- 8 Internet Business Ideas
- 6 Steps to Starting a Free Online Business
- Online Marketing Guide
- Blogging for Profit and Promotion
- Starting an Internet Business on a Budget
- Finding a Legitimate Online Business
- Make Your Internet Business a Success
- Converting Website Visitors to Customers
- Make Money with Google AdSense
- Browse More Online Home Business Information
What you need to do and know before your attempt to start a home business. Starting a home business is not for everyone, but the proper preparation before you get started will go along way to improving your chances for business success.
- 9 Reasons NOT to Start a Home-Based Business
- Will Laws Stand in the Way of your Dream?
- Get Your Family's Support
- Are You Cut Out to Run a Business?
- What to Ask if You Want to Buy an Existing Business
Planning for Success
Steps necessary in planning for your home business, such as analyzing your competition and creating a business plan.
- Is Your Home Business Idea Even a Good One?
- How To Do Your Own Market Research
- Your Business Research Secret Weapon
- Find Out if You Need a Business Plan
- Business Plan Basics
- How To Write a Simple Busines Plan
- Protect Yourself, Your Home and Your Family from Risk
- What Will You Do About Health Insurance?
Creating Your Business Identity
Once you've decided to take the plunge and start your home-based business, it will need an identity of its own. Creating an identity for your home business is not particularly difficult, but it pays to go about it in an orderly fashion so you won't have to back and re-do a lot of the steps you've already taken. These articles tell you how to go about creating an identity so you can open your doors with a minimum of headaches and inconvenience.
- Sole Proprietor or LLC? Selecting Your Business Structure
- How To Pick a Great Name For Your Business
- How To Properly Name Your Website
- Establish a Business Address and Phone Number
- How To Register a Home Business
- Do I Really Need a Home Business License?
- Get an Employer ID Numbers (EIN) from the IRS
- Create A Memorable Business Logo
- Order Your Business Cards or Make Your Own
- Order Business Stationery or Make Your Own
- Complete Guide To Creating a Successful Website
Getting Advice and Training
Doing what you love to do is important to your home business success. But if you don't already have all of the knowledge or skills you need to start and run the home business you dream of, your chances of success are not very good. Here are some resources you can use to help you learn what you need to know and some tips for avoiding business education scams, the number of which seem to grow continually.
- Online Classes that May Help You
- 7 Essentials for Online Medical Billing Courses
- Medical Transcription Training & Preparation
- SBA's Small Business Training Network
- SCORE: Counselors to America's Small Businesses
Managing Your Money and Taxes
Anyone who plans to start a home business in the US needs to be well aware of the financial aspects of running a business. Additionally, some budding entrepreneurs will want to try to get start up capital for their home business. These topics help you understand financial and tax issues you should consider when starting a home business.
- Home Business Loans and Financing Options
- Open a Business Bank Account
- Calculate Your Start Up Costs
- Discover Your Breakeven and Financing Options
- Understand and Calculate Return on Investment (ROI)
- Find Out Which States have the Best and Worst Tax Systems for Small Business
- Find Out About SBA Loan Programs