Managing and Growing Your Home Business
From Mindy Lilyquist, former About.com Guide
Marketing Your Business
Once you have your home business up and running, you'll need to know all you can about marketing, since it's what get you leads and sends customers or clients your way. After all, without customers, how can your home business expect to survive?
- Marketing Basics for Your Business
- Creating Marketing Materials for Your Business
- Video: How to Create Address Labels in MS Word
- Making Your Marketing Payoff
- Perfecting Your Message for Direct Marketing Materials
- Growing Your Business through Competitive Advantage
- Browse More Marketing & Advertising Topics
Setting Up Your Website and Getting Traffic
In most cases, your customers will expect your home business to have a Website. Here's some information on how to get your site up and running, how to bring traffic to your site once it's live and how to make money through your site to help offset your expenses.
- Choose the Right Domain Name for Your Site
- Get Your Home Business on the Web
- Use a Blog for a Cheap Website
- Is Free Website Hosting Worth what You Pay for?
- Video: Get Your Site Listed in Google's Search Engine
- Offset Your Costs by Making Money with Google AdSense
- Get Your Site Included in Google Alerts
- Do It Yourself Search Optimization Tips
- Browse Website Promotion Topics
Promoting Your Business Online
Marketing your home business online may or may not be important to you. For most home businesses, online marketing can comprise the largest percentage of the marketing mix and can be a relatively inexpensive means of promotion. Even very local businesses are expected to have a Website presence these days. Here are some ways to make the most of marketing your home business on the Internet.
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Your Business Online
- Internet Marketing 101
- Developing an Internet Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Marketing - 12 Things You Need to Know
- Blog Marketing for Home Business
- Search Engine Marketing Techniques
- Video: Get Your Site Listed on Google
- Marketing Your Business on LinkedIn
- Marketing Your Business on Facebook
- Build Your Site's Traffic with Social Bookmarking
- Marketing Your Business with Online Articles
- Converting Website Visitors to Paying Customers
- Master Google AdWords Pay Per Click Advertising
- Promote Your Business for Free on About.com
- Online Classes to Sharpen Your Website Marketing Skills
Getting All You Can from the IRS
You can't forget the IRS and any state taxes that apply to your business. Here are some tips and information on getting the most out of the IRS, pitfalls to be aware of and opportunities to look look for when it comes to taxes and your home business.
- Maximize Your Office-in-Home Deductions
- Learn About Estimated Taxes
- Use Tax Time as an Opportunity
- Take Advantage of What the IRS has to Offer
Growing Your Business
At some point, successful home business owners are going to face issues related to growing their business. For some who are used to working as a one-person operation, growth can be scary. But since there's only so much time available for one person to handle clients and customers, decisions need to be made. Here's how you can help grow your business and handle the challenges that arise.
- Growing Your Business in a Recession
- Get Tips to Grow Your Business
- Conquering Your Fear of Growth
- Build on Your Strengths
- Find Out Where You're Going and How to Get There
Facing Challenges and Getting Inspired
Once your home business is up and running there will be times when it seems there just aren't enough hours in the day. You may be faced with challenges and frustrations from time to time. Here are some articles designed to help you face challenges and get motivated through inspiration.