The recession has caused a number of issues for Americans. Layoffs have left many people scrambling to find work and the banking industry has made it increasingly difficult to get funding for small businesses. Because of these conditions, many are researching the pros and cons of starting a cheap home business franchise in lieu of traditional employment.
Cheap Franchise Opportunities
To help you pinpoint which franchises require less cash up front, industry expert, "Entrepreneur", has issued its 2011 list of 195 Franchises You Can Start For Under $50k. The list is an excellent resource. It breaks the franchises up into categories like, automotive, financial services, pet...etc. It then gives you greater insight into each franchise with information like background, cost and fees, and how well the franchise ranks in comparison to other available franchises.
Highlighted Low-Cost Franchises
Here are just a few of the great and inexpensive, home-based franchise opportunities highlighted on this year's list:
- Vanguard Cleaning Systems: A reputable commercial cleaning franchise which ranked #1 on the list of top home-based U.S. franchises and #1 in the lowest cost U.S. franchises. Interestingly, commercial cleaning holds 60% of the top U.S. home-based franchise spots (learn why).
- AmeriSpec Home Inspection Services: A residential home inspection company great for someone with or without a construction background.
- Candy Bouquet Int'l.: A unique and yummy home business for someone with a creative flair.
- Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services: The world's largest one-on-one in-home tutoring program, which was in the top 25 of U.S. home-based business franchises. This is a great business that could easily be managed from your kitchen table.
- Jazzercise Inc.: Listed as #4 in the top home-based U.S. franchises. A great and flexible home business ideal for fitness enthusiasts.
It is important to consider whether or not home business ownership is right for you before going down the franchise purchase path. Check out these 10 Questions to ask yourself before starting up a home business.