If you're active on LinkedIn you can create a custom LinkedIn badge that will open your LinkedIn public profile when clicked. You could then use that badge elsewhere - on your website or blog, for example, or in an email signature file. Here's how to create a LinkedIn badge:
- Log into LinkedIn.
- Hover over Profile with your mouse or pointer on LinkedIn's main menu bar at the top of the page and select Edit Profile.
- Scroll down the page to Public Profile where you'll see your existing URL and an Edit link to the right (see the first image). Click this Edit link.
- The Public Profile page opens. After the top section, you'll see the main area, which is marked Public Profile.
- Click the customized buttons text in the second bullet item, Promote your profile with customized buttons (see the second image).
- The LinkedIn badge page opens. Select and copy all of the code that corresponds to the LinkedIn badge you want to use.
- Go to the web page, blog or other page where you want to display your LinkedIn badge and paste the code you copied.
This article is part of The Ultimate Guide to LinkedIn.